Born and raised in Australia, I currently reside in Omaha, Nebraska, with my wife Jill and new baby Harper Bronte. I moved to America in 2002, without knowing a single word of American, to play college baseball in a small Texas panhandle town. Although I never learnt how to communicate with the natives I graduated in 2006 and began my career in technology. In the years since graduation, I have worked for IT companies, an advertising agency, real estate developers and currently Optira. Of course, my favorite employer is myself and I have been a freelance web designer for 5 1/2 years now
Here are few things you might want to know about me:
- - I have a degree in Political Science – the perfect preparation for a career in technology and design. Right?
- - I’m crazy about architecture/urban design and industrial design –
If I went back to school it would be to study one of these fields.I went back to school studying Architectural Design and I now work in the BIM industry.
- - I played on three nationally ranked college baseball teams but I haven’t thrown a baseball in five years.
- - I have four names Robert Michael James Heggen.
- - My favorite food is Barbecue Shapes
- - I have at least ten new ideas for businesses, websites, applications everyday – I document some of them here if you want to steal one.